Food Safety Specialist (HSEQ)Back to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. Katoen Natie has 181 logistic platforms and is active in 30 countries all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 13.000 people.
The Food & Feed unit focuses on strategic semi-finished product groups such as starch/proteins, dry dairy products, sugar and food & feed dry ingredients for whom we provide logistic and semi-industrial services.
For our fast growing Food & Feed business unit we are looking for a driven and communicative HSEQ colleague to join our team as Food Safety Specialist.
- As Food Safety Specialist and part of the HSEQ team, you will be key to keeping our colleagues, customers and consumers safe by ensuring the quality and food safety of our products and processes.
- You will be responsible for the overall coordination of a variety of food safety and quality related issues, such as HACCP, quality certificates, KPI’s, … You stay updated on these issues by following up on the most recent legislation.
- Both internal and external audits will be planned, coordinated and followed up by you as our SPOC and food safety representative.
- You will be the voice and face of HSEQ, as you follow up on the HSEQ mailbox, treat customer complaints and claims concerning food safety and quality, act as SPOC and communicate HSEQ news to all of our colleagues.
- As you are the voice of HSEQ, you will also coordinate and perform trainings concerning your fields of expertise.
- Lastly, you will occasionally be responsible for organizing and coordinating projects and campaigns concerning food safety and quality.
- In short, you will become an invaluable, core part of our organization!
- • The title says it all: you will become our specialist, which means you will need knowhow. For this function, we expect a decent knowledge of the current legislation, HACCP, ISO 22000, ISO 9001, ISO 18001, PAS 220, and experience with audits.
- • At Katoen Natie, you get a lot of autonomy. Therefore, you are someone who can handle this autonomy perfectly. You are independent and known for taking initiatives and responsibility.
- • Even though you work great independently, you are a team player as well. You can motivate and drive others but also cooperate in a group.
- • Communication is your second name: you are great at conveying information and knowledge in a clear and concise way and you communicate in a refined and diplomatic way both internally and externally.
- • Ideally, you have a thorough knowledge of Dutch, English and French.
- • You like being involved in the organization from top to bottom, so you do not mind spending time in the warehouses as well as the office, getting to know the people, the processes and the products.
- • An exciting job in a leading dynamic company that’s part of a large and stable group, with a no-nonsense culture.
- • An employer that encourages initiative and appreciates ideas from every layer of the organization.
- • A job with impact, where you can make a difference, contribute to safe nutrition for the whole of society.