Management Trainee with Commercial FlairBack to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. Katoen Natie has 181 logistic platforms and is active in 30 countries all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 13.000 people.
For our fast growing Food & Feed business unit we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated customer service colleague to join our team.
The Food & Feed unit focusses on strategic semi-finished product groups such as starch/proteins, dry dairy products, sugar and food & feed dry ingredients for whom we provide logistic and semi-industrial services.
During a 2-year period, you will follow an intensive training throughout different departments of our unit. The traineeship starts with an operational training in order to understand and learn the basic logistic concepts such as packaging (un)loading, debagging and decanting. Afterwards the traineeship will guide you through departments such as customer service, commerce, HSEQ or technical service.
Throughout the traineeship your leadership, problem solving and persistency skills will be tested and evaluated. Eventually, you will become a valuable member of our commercial team, in which you will use the knowledge you gathered during your training to assume an expert role in your commercial contacts.
- For this function, we don’t expect a huge amount of experience, but we are looking for a master or bachelor’s degree in business administration, applied economics, international commercial or logistics studies.
- At Katoen Natie, you get a lot of autonomy. Therefore, you are someone who can handle this autonomy. You are an independent problem solver and known for taking initiatives and responsibility.
- Even though you work great independently, you are a team player as well. You can motivate and drive others but also cooperate in a group.
- You are eager to learn and willing to start from the floor to do it. You have a high work ethos and a drive to produce results.
- Ideally, you have a thorough knowledge of Dutch, English and French.
- An exciting job in a leading dynamic company that’s part of a large and stable group, with a no-nonsense culture.
- An employer that encourages initiative and appreciates ideas from every layer of the organization.
- A job with impact, where you can make a difference, contribute to safe nutrition for the whole of society.